Every night, more than 116,000 people in Australia experience homelessness… that’s a staggering 1 in 200 people made up of men, woman and children.
In the only charity team building program of its kind, ‘Out of the Box’ is an opportunity for socially responsible organizations to make a difference to the lives of Australians doing it tough. Unaware of the outcome teams will be presented with the challenge of working together to earn essential items that many Australians go without each and every day. “Out of the Box” brings those items to life in a fun and engaging team program for adults.
The heartwarming twist is each participant will then have the opportunity to donate a box of essentials to someone in their community experiencing homelessness.
Make a difference to the lives of Australians experiencing homelessness whilst enjoying an engaging, fun and enlightening team program.
- ‘Out of the box’ & lateral thinking
- Critical thinking
- Role delegation
- Experiential Learning
- The gift of giving
- Corporate social responsibility
In collaboration with social enterprise The Good Box; ‘Out of the Box’ is a rare opportunity for socially responsible organisations to make a difference to the lives of Australians experiencing homelessness whilst setting the scene for an engaging, fun and enlightening team program.
With an emphasis on critical and lateral thinking, this charity team program will have participants thinking ‘out of the box’ as they are confronted with a variety of puzzling challenges. Each successful challenge completed will lead to collection of an everyday essential item that teams are told they must accumulate to triumph over their colleagues. Whilst the meaning behind each item will remain a mystery to the teams; their minds will be set on battling it out as this fast-paced program continues to deliver one challenge after the next.
When the judges call time, all teams must stop what they are doing and gather their essential items for collection and tallying of scores. The atmosphere quickly turns from competitive to engaged as the true meaning behind each item is revealed and the very unfortunate reality that more than 116,000 Australians face living it tough without such basic items every single day.
Participants will gain insight into the lives of those experiencing homelessness and have the opportunity to hear from a *guest speaker whose story of salvage started with a simple box of essential items and a good conversation. Each individual will be tasked with writing a hand written note to go in their very own Good Box that will support someone in need in their local community.
* On a mission to abolish misconceptions surrounding homelessness to prevent isolation and increase communication participants will be enlightened with an interactive presentation from Good Box co-founders Maddy and Gali along with guest speakers whose stories testify to the life changing work the social enterprise does. Participants will learn their donation is more than just about handing out beautiful gifts, but about facilitating positive conversations and helping to restore dignity to those who are doing it tough.
Out of the Box is a heartwarming charity team building event designed to develop teamwork, critical thinking and raise much needed awareness for those Australians doing it tough all while encouraging out of the box thinking.
* This optional element of the program can be facilitated in person or via zoom and is tailored to your schedule, budget and location.
FAQ’s with General Manager Dwain Richardson
1. Why is this program such a unique opportunity for organisations?
It is the only teambuilding program of its kind in Australia. As it is a collaboration with social enterprise The Good Box; ‘Out of the Box’ is a rare opportunity for socially responsible organisations to make a difference to the lives of Australians experiencing homelessness whilst setting the scene for an engaging, fun and enlightening team program. It’s a win win!
2. What will my team gain from participating in this program?
Team building is about understanding, appreciating, developing and maximising the people in your team to lead to a productive, efficient, motivated and happy workplace culture. Companies that engage in CSR also often benefit from a myriad of benefits that impact their workplace culture including becoming an employer of choice, providing more opportunity for team and personal development, boosted employee engagement and improved employee satisfaction. From this program you can expect all the benefits of both teambuilding and CSR as well as the gift of contributing to the lives of those in our community doing it tough.
3. How much will this program cost?
The cost varies depending on a number of factors including the program tier you choose, group size and venue. You will find that the benefits and outcomes of doing the Out of the Box program will far exceed the financial cost of delivery. As part of our commitment to you, we do offer a ‘Price Beat Guarantee’ – speak to your local office in your state or territory for details.
4. Where does this program take place?
With local facilitators and staff in each state and territory, we can deliver programs all over Australia. We can facilitate a program at your workplace or find another indoor or outdoor venue that suits your requirements.
5. Is this event fun?
You bet ya! With a fun guarantee ALL events delivered by Corporate Challenge have FUN as a key element to their success.
6. Where do the Good Boxes go?
Good Boxes are passed on to many amazing homeless charities who distribute the boxes to those in need in the community. We make sure boxes go to the charity that needs it the most. A list of charity partners can be seen here.
7. What are inside Good Boxes?
The items inside the boxes have been chosen by those who have experienced homelessness/hardship in the past and our team of researchers. Items are updated regularly based on feedback and seasonality.
8. What types of boxes are there?
- Gals Box (for women sleeping rough)
- Blokes Box (for men sleeping rough)
- Goodie Box (Unisex Box for people sleeping rough)
- The Pets Box (For pets who have an owner experiencing homelessness)
- ‘You Beauty’ Box (filled with ‘luxury’ items for women who are living in emergency accommodation)
- Winter Box (box filled with winter items for those doing it tough in the winter).