The ultimate aim of Belbin Team Profiling is to create an environment of understanding how your team can work together for even greater results.
Belbin applies a team-based profiling tool that will provide insight into how your team can work effectively in a high performing environment.
Team profiling for high performance can develop:
- Team work
- Self awareness
Team-based management is now considered one of the most important approaches in agile team models across the world.
When applied effectively, it is a highly-regarded tool for improving morale, reducing expenses, increasing productivity and developing organisational performance to the highest levels possible.
Behavioural profiling is used to gain a greater level of certainty in recruitment, self-awareness, building emotional and social intelligence, personal and team development, team cohesion, receiving non-threatening and robust feedback, and identifying what creates effective team agility within a corporate culture.
Profiling has also been proven to boost people management capabilities and staff retention initiatives.
Profiling develops an ability to accurately predict:
- What motivates and engages people in the work they do
- How people are most likely to behave not just how they were trained to behave
- What keeps people enthused in the work they do so you can more effectively leverage talent
- How your people prefer to communicate and diffuse conflict in the work environment
- How to support individual and team high performance and productivity
- What style work resonates best for you in your career development or business
- How you are likely to adapt or react to change
- What allocation of the right work to the right people is required to maximise motivation and performance
Profiling doesn’t judge, it enlightens. No one profile is good or bad… right or wrong. It’s purely about the ‘fit’ for a role in the context of your own career or business.
A Belbin High Performance Team Workshop involves a self-perception test that each individual in a team must complete, as well as 360-degree feedback from observers or colleagues. The test will showcase any contrasts in how the individual sees their behaviour compared with how their colleagues do.
Following the profiling, a workshop is conducted to deliver a greater understanding on how differing profiles and behaviours work within a greater team dynamic.
For greater results, it is recommended that one-on-one debriefs are undertaken between each team member and our facilitator. These will ensure a deeper understanding of their profile and how this understanding can lead to an even greater contribution to the team and communication with other members of the team.
A team should be put together for a specific purpose. Each team member should be identified to ensure an effective balance of skill, knowledge and behaviour is achieved.
Following Belbin Team Training, you will be in a better position to:
- Create a balanced team based on behavioural contributions, not job titles
- Develop self-aware individuals who can adapt their behaviours according to the situation and business need
- Select the right people for the right tasks, leading to better-performing teams
- Understand how to play to your strengths within a team environment
- Depersonalise team conversations, using a common language to discuss team contributions when making decisions involving people
- Identify behavioural strengths and weaknesses that don’t necessarily show up on a CV
For more information on Belbin Team Profiling, contact us today.